Job Seeker Home
(this posting is closed/inactive)
Memorial Hermann Healthcare System
Oncology Clinical Nurse Specialist
Houston, TX 77024 United States
Benefits are effective day 1 of hire.
Salary range: $78,923 - $118,406
Clinical Nurse Specialist
Oncology Clinical Nurse Specialist - Houston area
M-F / 8-5
*Clinical Research experience preferred
*In-system traveling (50%)
*7 Cancer Centers in Memorial Hermann network (Houston area)
-Looking for an individual who is passionate about Oncology
-Able to present with confidence on Oncology related topics
-Some experience in oncology nursing related EBP (Evidence-Based Practice) and/or research; Radiation Oncology
-ONS (Oncology Nursing Society) credentialed chemotherapy instructor desired
-AOCN (Advanced Oncology Certified Nurse) or AOCNS (Advanced Oncology Certified Clinical Nurse Specialist) preferred
BASIC FUNCTION: Position responsible for serving in a leadership role and clinically proficient in the coordination and support of patient care delivery systems to achieve desired patient and program outcomes. Facilitates efforts aimed at managing safe and quality patient care delivery, utilizing evidence based research; competently caring for patients from multiple services/specialties, and for more complex diagnosis.
Must be able to demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the patient served. Must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development as it relates to the different life cycles.
Education, training, experience:
1. Graduate of an accredited School of Professional Nursing; Master of Science in Nursing, required.
2. Current State of Texas license to practice professional nursing.
3. National Certification as Clinical Nurse Specialist required (within 6 months of hire), in specialty area of hire.
4. Basic Life Support and Advanced Cardiac Life Support required
5. Six years practice in clinical nursing with at least 3 years in an acute care setting.
6. Demonstrates abilities in efficient and effective use of patient care supplies, equipment and mechanical devices.
7. Demonstrates ability to use standard audiovisual equipment.
8. Demonstrated abilities in personal computer usage and Microsoft Office applications: MS Word, Excel, PPT required. MS Visio, MS Project preferred.
9. Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of we advance health through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
Terms & Conditions