Job Seeker Home
Sr Coord, Research Data
Houston, TX 77030 United States
The primary purpose of the Senior Research Data Coordinator position is to assess and lead departmental data entry providing assistance where needed to meet sponsor and invoicing time lines. Oversee data management activities to assure accuracy and completion of data entry. Enter patient information from source documents into all types of data capture medium. Prepare and review reports for annual review, grant applications and presentations. Assist in departmental auditing activities. Act as a liaison with research subjects, physicians, sponsor representatives and institutional personnel. Assess, arrange and develop training programs for data management personnel as needed. Attends departmental site initiations and related research meetings.
- Reviews medical records and demonstrates ability to extract pertinent information
- Transfers medical information accurately, completely and timely into PDMS and case report forms
- Seeks professional development through participation in professional organizations, serving on committees, attending research presentations, seminars and conferences
- Coordinates sponsor representative access to source documentation through clinic audit station access, training on MDACC computer system and trouble shooting access related issues
- Maintains monitor log
- Attends site initiation meetings
- Maintains protocol assignment schedule, calendars, and educational assignments
- Assists team members to maintain current status on assignments
Medical record auditing
- Reviews clinical research records against protocol to assure protocol time lines are met
- Reviews clinical research records for completion and accuracy
- Maintains protocol status reports to assure timely and accurate billing
- Creates and review protocol reports for accuracy and completion
- Communicates protocol data entry status to accountable sources
- Acts as a liaison between pharmaceutical representatives and data management personnel
- Coordinates research subject data from initial registration through study termination
- Provides clerical coverage as necessary
- Provides laboratory, biopsy, and ecg coverage as necessary
- Precepts new data management personnel
- Assesses data management personnel for learning deficits and assists research nurse supervisor to develop and present training programs to meet staff needs
Required: High school diploma or equivalent.
Preferred: College courses or Bachelor's degree in a related field.
Required: Five years research study experience.
Preferred: Preferred education may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
Education, training, experience:
Do you know someone who would be interested in this job?
Terms & Conditions