Job Seeker Home
(this posting is closed/inactive)
Perioperative Service Tech II - Perioperative Services (11a-7p) - Methodist
San Antonio, TX 78229 United States
General Statement of Duties :
The Perioperative Services Technician performs a variety of delegated tasks under the supervision of the Registered Nurse (RN) in a complementary and assistive role. Consistently applies knowledge of perioperative cleaning practices and assists the perioperative patient care team with maintaining a clean, well organized, adequately stocked and safe patient environment.
Essential Job Functions :
1. Transports patients from unit to OR taking care to check the pre-op checklist is complete before transport.
2. Assists OR team in the set up of equipment to include transporting machines, tanks and related peripheral supplies.
3. Cleans and cares for equipment when not in use, ensures equipment remains plugged-in and covered. Ensures all equipment is functioning properly and reports machine/equipment malfunctions to the unit manager.
4. Assists in the pre-operative and intra-operative positioning of patients.
5. Provides support services to staff to include running errands as directed by the RN Circulator or Anesthesiologist (i.e. between lab, supply room, blood bank, etc.) to assist with smooth operation and coordination of care for surgical services patients.
6. Performs room turnover and assists with other housekeeping functions as directed.
Environmental and Physical Demands/Hazardous Conditions :
( X ) INSIDE: Spends approximately _40_ hours or more per week inside.
( ) OUTSIDE: Spend approximately __ hours per week outside (driving/running work related errands).
( ) BOTH: The activities occur inside and outside in approximately equal amounts.
WORK POSITIONS: (defined in 5% increments of work time):
Sitting 20 % Standing 35 % Walking 45 % = 100%
Ability to lift, push and pull with assistance (mechanical or co-worker) the weight of an average patient/heaviest object specific to the department.
( ) SEDENTARY WORK: Lifting 10 lbs. maximum and occasional lifting and/or carrying articles.
( ) LIGHT WORK: Lifting 20 lbs. maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying articles weighing up
to 10 lbs.
( X ) MEDIUM WORK: Lifting 50 lbs. maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects
Weighing up to 25 lbs.
( ) HEAVY WORK: Lifting 100 lbs. maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects
weighing up to 50 lbs.
( ) VERY HEAVY WORK: Lifting objects in excess of 100 lbs. with frequent lifting and/or carrying of
objects weighing more than 50 lbs.
Some Freq None Some Freq None
Manual dexterity (eye/hand coordination)
Vision acuity - far
Vision acuity - near
Minimum Education, Experience, Training, Required Knowledge, Skill, Abilities and Other Job-Related Characteristics :
High school graduate or equivalent education
3. Employee completes initial and ongoing training and competencies as defined by service
line, facility and department/unit which are specific to the needs of the patient population
served (if applicable).
Previous PCA, nurse's aide or orderly experience in a healthcare setting
Minimum License, Certificates, or Registrations Required
Education, training, experience:
Terms & Conditions